Friday, December 12, 2014

The burning flames of hell are real...

and they spent two days at the bottom of my esophagus. I have a hiatal hernia which rarely bothers me, but on Wednesday I accidentally chewed up a B-complex vitamin which I had thrown in with some nuts so I could take it at school with food. Taking any kind of pill whether medication or supplements has always been an issue especially on an empty stomach.

The burning began almost immediately and lasted almost two solid days. I tried all kinds of remedies, baking soda, aloe juice, apple cider vinegar, and even broke down and bought some tums. All lessened the hell fire temporarily, but none put it out.

The nurse had told me during the chemo treatment, that any symptoms I had previously, such as nausea, constipation, etc. would probably be worse. I wasn't having any consistent issues, so I was feeling like any problems I had would be mild.

HA! Well I was not having this problem before the chemo, but it seems that any issue that may arise will also be intensified. The burning is finally gone, but if you've never had really bad acid reflux, it comes with a whole host of other symptoms such as chest pain, abdominal pain, hoarseness, and cough to name a few. I was so miserable I could do little but lay around. Then, of course, you start feeling like crap because you are laying around too much. It's a vicious cycle.

So today, I am so sore, I feel like I am a hunchback. I can't sit or stand up straight. I'm exhausted. Eating is a turn off, although I am doing it. Slowly, a little at a time.

So what is the silver lining of our story today? Hell if I know. You can't have rainbows and unicorns shooting out of your ass all the time. But I am here and I am pushing through. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully it will be just a little bit better.

No comments: