Thursday, July 2, 2015

Unremarkable???

The report from the brain MRI said my brain was unremarkable. THE NERVE!! Okay, okay, that's supposed to be a good thing. So no brain tumors. Yippee!! And the CT scan showed the tumor in the breast has shrunk by almost 1/3. Everything else remains stable. I do not see the oncologist until Tuesday but the reports are available to me online, so I would assume we will continue with the chemo as least for a bit longer. I am relieved that my brain is tumor free. I wasn't very worried, but thoughts did jump in there now and again. My dad had a brain tumor and seeing what that did to him was a little scary. Plus, I just don't need something else on my plate right now. I am blessed that overall I am still feeling really good and have very few effects from the chemo. I am thankful to have the summer off. I had hoped to do a little camping which typically is a time of grounding and reflection, but it is just too hot. The heat does not usually bother me, but with the chemo, I get tired pretty easily and I am more sensitive to the sun, so I will hold off for cooler weather. Soaking up the AC at home while working on some life plans and travels. I am also glad to be back in my own house after house/dog sitting. The dogs were fun, but I was anxious to get back to my own space and my projects. So I should have some new jewelry, among other things, finished by the end of the week. And a friend of a friend wants to record me singing some songs. So lots of fun stuff on the way. Better go have a smoothie so I can keep my energy up. But mostly just because they are yummy! I'll update after seeing the oncologist. And in the mean time try and heal from the hurtful words about my ABSOLUTELY REMARKABLE brain.

No comments: