Monday, August 22, 2016

10 Days and Counting

I'm sitting in my local Toyota dealership getting my car serviced and daydreaming about my upcoming trip when it really hit me. I only have 10 days left. It has been a month since I made the decision to go but it has felt like forever. In the beginning, I said it would be about 3 weeks because I had some projects and personal things I needed to wrap up before I went, but I did not set a specific date. Well those 3 weeks have come and gone, of course. Rule number 1 when planning any project. Set a date. If you don't, then you have no accountability, and you will never get around to it. Although I was making some progress, it was only after I set a date that things really started to come together. And luckily I have plenty of good people in my life who will help me to hold myself accountable if I set concrete goals.

My first stop will be Paducah, KY to visit my mom, stepdad, and grandma. In addition, I will be seeing a friend, Miss Amber Pitt, who has been kind enough to help arrange for me to teach a class on reading Runes at a local shop Wildhair Studios' Rock Shop. Then it's off to Colorado.

I would like to ask those of you following on my adventure to use the Follow by Email link on the right side of the page. Even though I put these posts on various social media sources, it is easy to miss posts due to the high volume of activity. Since I will be spending a lot of time alone while backpacking, interacting with you when I come out of the woods will help me stay connected to community. You, my tribe. You will simply get a email letting you know I have updated my blog and you can read at your convenience instead of hoping you caught the latest on your social media of choice or having to search for it.

For those wishing to make monetary donations, I have included a Donations button on the right side of the page as well.

On a fun note, I am excited by the fact that I actually have people from all over the world who have read my blog at some point. United States, China, Russia, Germany, France, Ukraine, Rwanda (thanks Rosanne), Switzerland, Japan, United Kingdom. Granted none of them are following me yet, but it's just incredible the reach social media has and a reminder of the responsibility we have using it. Our words could actually effect someone on the other side of the world and we will have never met or even know they read them. Use your words well my friends.

Okay, gotta run. My car is all finished. Until next time.

No comments: