Thursday, September 8, 2016

900 miles to get to the beginning...I hope

Today will be a week since I dropped off my paperwork to the DMV to register the Subaru and I still have not heard anything from them, even though I was told I should hear something the next day. Even though I have called and left voice mail. Even though I have explained my situation to two different people and just openly asked for their help in dealing with this situation. Yes, I even played the cancer card, which I never do.

About 2-1/2 weeks ago I brought my Scion xB in to start an oil consumption test which consists of an oil change, driving it about 1200 miles and bringing it back in to check how much oil it drank. Yesterday I still needed about 900 more miles before I could bring it back in. So I drove. I drove about 400 miles starting in the morning and then I went home. I thought I would drive the rest today, but I couldn't sleep, so I got in the car around 11 PM and I drove 500 more miles.

And now I am sitting in the Toyota dealership blogging once again. First they have to check that the car burned off enough oil to "pass" the test. Then, hopefully, they will fix it. I will go back home and transfer all my gear from one car to the other and I will finally get on the road.

I have spent the last couple days feeling a bit beat up, essentially because things aren't working out the way I want them to. I didn't want to drive the Scion because it sits so low to the ground in the front. I don't plan on going 4 wheeling, but I didn't even want to take it on dirt roads, but the drive last night served as a great time to clear my head, and remind myself that sometimes obstacles are not things to be overcome. They are messages to take a different approach. I am just not supposed to take the Subaru at this time. I guess we'll see if I am supposed to take the Scion, haha.

I can definitely say that I have learned that limbo is not a state I am comfortable being in. Hopefully, it will be over soon and I will be out on the open road with the wind blowing in my hair. Or driving on I-75 in bumper to bumper traffic with the AC blowing in my face trying to relieve me from a hot flash. Funny how wonderful that sounds right about now. Stay tuned.

No comments: