Tuesday, September 13, 2016

September 13 - A Day of Driving

I've spent the last couple days visiting my mom, step-father, and grandma in Paducah, KY. It was great to spend some time with family. While there, I taught a class on reading Runes at Wildhair Studios' Rock Shop. If you are in the area stop in sometime. Susan has a really nice place. Thanks to Amber who runs the Paducah Area Pagans and Friends group for helping to set this up. The class was fun for me and I hope everyone got something out of it.

Mom and Gene took me to see the replicas of Christopher Columbus' ships, the Nina and Pinta, which are fully sail-able ships.

My mom and me aboard the Nina.
They were looking for volunteers for a 3 day trip as a cook or deckhand. I filled out the paper work to volunteer, but was not selected. Oh well, maybe next time. And yes, there could be a next time. They run these ships mostly with volunteers although the typical stint is 3 weeks.

Looking for adventure?
Check them out when they are in your area, or volunteer for a trip yourself.
The Pinta with Nina in the background.
I headed out early this morning to try and get through Kansas and into Boulder, CO at a reasonable hour, so I will have time to visit Naropa University (interest in MA Ecopsychology program) and to look around a bit. Grandma told me there really isn't much to see in Kansas, but I haven't even seen what there isn't to see. It has been raining or dark the whole time I have been here. I've barely been able to make out that there are some kind of fields on either side of the road. The one nice thing so far is that you can camp at the few rest stops I have come across and that is where I am now for the night. Goodnight everybody.

No comments: