Wednesday, September 21, 2016

September 21 - Moqui Balls

I set out early this morning for a hike to collect Moqui Balls. It ended up being a 5 mile round trip and sprinkled off and on all day. So, what are these Moqui Balls? They are concretions — sandstone balls cemented by a hard shell of iron oxide minerals. Recently look-alikes were discovered on mars. Here is an article that was shared with me if you are into the science aspect. Thanks Jen.

Mars on Earth: How Utah's Fantastical Moqui Marbles Formed




The spiritual aspect of the balls also called Shaman Stones are as follows to name a few:

  • Helps in meditation
  • Balances energy/chakras
  • Helps unblock psychic visions
  • Relieves physical discomfort
  • Excellent tools in Shamanic journeys
  • Healing Stones
  • Overcome fear, especially of death
I had ordered some on line in the past to sell at different events I vend at, so when presented with the opportunity to collect my own I was excited. But there is a drawback as well. Is there a moral issue collecting objects like these? Our ancestors collected different objects for spiritual use and that was not an issue. They carved images into rock which we hold in high esteem but if someone does it today it is considered graffiti. How would it be looked on 500 years from now? I am all for protecting our natural resources but who gets to decide what and where something is collected? What is precious and what is not? If I pick up a stone from the riverbed I explored is that a problem? What if that riverbed is in a national park? And what difference does it make if I picked it up here or 50 miles west on protected lands. There is a lot to think about when collecting items of this nature. Ultimately you have to go with your gut. How does it make you feel?

Yesterday when I was in the ghost town, it was unprotected, and I could have taken many objects like the old canteen leaning against a wall of a structure, but it did not feel right to me. Today I collected Moqui Balls, not in a National Park, and I feel good about it. 

But problem is that today most people don't even stop to think about what is right or wrong. They take and take without ever consulting their conscience or the ramifications of what they are doing physically or energetically. 

When you are in these situations, don't just stop and think. Stop and feel. You will know the truth of what you are doing.

After checking the weather I found that some bad storms are on the way the next two days and I have decided to get a hotel to wait it out. A shower and bed will be a luxury.

No comments: