Friday, November 6, 2015

Update

I can't believe how long it's been since I've written an update. I have been off chemo for about 2 months. I am currently only on one shot and a daily pill both for hormone suppression. I have responded so well that the oncologist wanted to hold off on any other meds. They like to try and keep everything they can in their Arsenal for later down the road if and when cancer comes back. I told my oncologist that would not be needing them as I intended on being a miracle. 

No really. That's what I told her. She just laughed and said if anyone will be it'll be you. 

So the first couple weeks my hormones were a little wonky. I was bitchy and then I would cry because I knew I was being an asshole. That has leveled out thankfully. So the only real side effect I'm having now is joint achiness and stiffness. I'm sure it's probably similar to what folks with arthritis feel. The more I move around the better I feel, so I just try to stay active. Even if I'm just watching tv I try to get up ever half hour or so. My feet are the worst. It's quite a sight watching me get out of bed and trying to get downstairs in the morning. Luckily it doesn't take too long to get moving. But it also doesn't take too long to get stiffened back up. It is slowly getting better and acupuncture helps a lot. It goes away after a few months for many people so I've decided to be one of those people. 

My next scans are on the 17th. I can feel the tumor and it seems to have gotten smaller as far as I can tell so I feel it will be good news. But of course it will because I'm a miracle and no tumor is going to take that away from me. 

No comments: