Monday, September 26, 2016

September 26 - Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park

I stopped at Monument Valley located in the Navajo Nation. The Nation owns over 17 million acres of land which encompasses the entire northeastern corner of Arizona and also stretches into Utah and New Mexico. This is just one of the parks that the Navajo Parks and Recreation manage. It is one of the most photographed places on earth and it is not any wonder why, although my pictures don't do it any justice at all. I stopped and spoke with one of the artisans who was selling jewelry for a bit and had a nice conversation.

  
 
  

  


On my way out I saw a bunch of horses grazing right off the highway.

 
And a stone formation called Mexican Hat.


Then made my way to Goosenecks State Park for lunch and a little rest.



It was a nice relaxing day. I am now on my way to Canyon of the Ancients.

No comments: