Saturday, September 24, 2016

September 24 - Zion National Park

I arrived at Zion yesterday a little before sundown. I drove through from the west side and took some pictures.





Then I drove out the east end into Springdale which is a cool little area of gift shops, grocery, cafe, theater, a bar, etc. I hung out for a while and ended up sleeping in the car in the parking lot. And as the customers of the bar emptied out, I realized I was not the only one doing this.

The next morning I drove in and parked and used the free shuttle system to make my way around the park.


Bryce canyon is only an hour and a half away, yet it is amazing how different the formations are between these two park. This holds true all through Utah. You drive an hour and the scenery completely changes. Even within Zion it changes drastically throughout the park.

  

  




I hiked down to the river and had my lunch. Very few people wondered down to this area. Probably because of it, I saw several deer. It was so quiet and peaceful, and ended up being my favorite part of the day. The rock in this area looked as though giants took chisels and carved straight down throughout the canyon.


No comments: